Tuesday, April 3, 2018

One down, Twenty-nine to go...

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for your support and encouragement.

Day one passed without too many cravings and desires to eat foods that aren't part of the Whole 30 nutritional program.  It was especially difficult when I baked a ham for Ray.  I love ham; bacon too!  But since this ham was sugar cured, I opted for baked trout instead.  I need to make an order for ham and bacon from US Wellness Meats, https://grasslandbeef.com.  They have sugar free options on many foods that are compatible with most anti-inflammatory nutrition programs.  There are other sources out there as well; however, I only have experience with US Wellness meats.  Good service and great products. 
U.S. Wellness Meats Logo

(Did I mention that I chose not to have a piece of the delicious Paleo carrot cake with cream cheese frosting that I had made for Ray this weekend?)  The frosting is not Paleo, but the cake is.  I just discovered Bob's Red Mill, www.bobsredmill.com, Paleo Baking Flour Mix at our local store.  I have recently discovered that my inflammation is better controlled when all grains are removed from my nutrition sources, and I was looking for grain-less baking flour options.  It really worked well and tastes great.  I am looking forward to experimenting more once this 30 day program is over and I begin the food reintroduction phase.  
Bob's Red Mill
I am also intrigued by the products at Wellness Bakeries too; however, many of their product's ingredients include Stevia, and I have a food sensitivity to Stevia as well as other sugar substitutes.  But the products look great so I'm giving them a shout out.  www.wellnessbakeries.com.

Share your experiences with these as well as other providers.  Our goal is to provide an information website that takes the agony out of searching and provides lists and testimonies to these providers.  

Hope your day is great!  To your health!!

Deanna



No comments:

Post a Comment