Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Don't think diet; think nutrition!

Hi!  Hope everyone had a great weekend!

If you're like me, you "cheat" on the weekends and start all over again at the beginning of the week. Right?!  And, if you're anything like me, you're so sick of the word, "diet", that you really don't care anymore especially since none of them work anyway.  Right?!   (Well, O.K.  Maybe it's because I never really committed and stuck to it anyway).

Maybe that's because the term "Diet" conjures up ideas of "good" and "bad" food, and going without or "I can't haves".  This leads to feeling deprived and frustrated which leads to the need for comfort; which leads to .... you guessed it, "sneaking" comfort foods which are often part of the "bad" food category.   Then, not only do you feel bad because you ate the "bad" food, but you think you're bad because you couldn't give it up for even a week.  And the roller coaster starts all over again.

Recently, i.e., within the past year, I have begun a new approach.  I think nutrition and nutritious food choices versus diet.  I was looking for a way of living/eating versus dieting.  Some friends were all talking about a new eating program so I bought the book, read it and thought it made sense; especially since I have RA and Lupus and have had allergic reactions to every prescription medication the doctors have prescribed.  I have also become sensitive to gluten and nightshades. Important note:  I am not endorsing any program or beating a drum and saying you have to do this, and especially not without consulting your healthcare provider.  Rather, I am sharing the facts/results I've seen and felt so far.

In all honesty, it has taken the better part of the past year to change old habits and to truly embrace this new thought pattern/choice of nutrition, however, it has been worth it.  I have less pain and stiffness, and my energy level has improved significantly.  Just ask my husband who is glad that I have more energy, but has to adjust his Man Cave time in the evenings to spend more time with me!  (Don't worry.  He'll get used to it!)  Oh!  And I sincerely do not have cravings for foods with low or no nutrient value.  Instead, I crave fruits and vegetables!  My skin looks about 10 years younger as well, per my daughter.

Moral of the Blog, the right combination of nutrition and supplements really can make a difference.  I've truly come to believe the truth in the statement, "you are what you eat".  Visit ProperHealthSolutions.com categories Vitamins/Minerals as well as Nutrition Bars and begin your commitment to better nutrition today. To your health!

Sincerely,   Deanna and Ray Proper

P.S.  The program I am following is The Whole 30 by Melissa and Dallas Hartwig.  It has taken almost a year to commit and stick to the program, but I just made the half-way mark;15 days.  Let us know what works for you.

Repeat Important note:  I am not endorsing any program or beating a drum and saying you have to do this, and especially not without consulting your healthcare provider.  Rather, I am sharing the facts/results I've seen and felt so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment