Monday, May 7, 2018

Whole 30 Update and More on Osteoporosis

Hi Everyone!

 Whole 30 Update:

Day 29!  Just have to make it through today and tomorrow!  I've already decided that I'm having bacon for breakfast on Wednesday morning.  I know that I don't have any issues with bacon, but since it is sugar cured, I have not been eating it.  I have chosen to introduce arrowroot flour because I miss crackers!  The Essential AIP Cookbook by Louise and Jeremy Hendon has an intriguing recipe for Garlic Crackers made from arrowroot flower.  I will try them and report. 

Arrowroot flour is also used to coat fish and chicken for pan frying.  I will try it and report.

Do you use arrowroot flour?  Let us know in the comments section.

 Osteoporosis:

Nutrition and exercise are the best prevention and treatment for osteopenia and osteoporosis.  No single nutrient (vitamin or supplement) will prevent or treat osteoporosis.  But a nutritional plan that provides adequate amounts of protein, vitamins, and minerals along with a commitment to participate in 30 minutes of low impact weight-bearing exercise three to five times a week is your best "weapon" of choice; remember to consult you health care provider before beginning an exercise program. 

Calcium and Vitamin D supplements are also recommended, however, the amount and form of each is widely disputed so consult your health care provider for this information. 

Avoid smoking.  Consume alcohol and caffeine in moderation.  Prevent falls. 

I hope you have a beautiful Monday.

To you Health!

Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment